Commitment to Work, Health and Safety
The Sydney Lyric acknowledges its commitment to the development and maintenance of a safe work place for all of its employees, workers, PCBU and our patrons
The Director's Responsibility
The Director takes responsibility for driving and implementing a WH&S Management System.
The Sydney Lyric demonstrates its commitment to Work, Health and Safety by:
- Consulting with employees, workers, contractors (PCBU) and other stakeholders on safety issues
- Providing guidance and support to workers to assist them to fulfil their WH&S obligations.
- Ensuring compliance with legislative requirements and industry standards.
- Maintaining a workplace free from harassment and discrimination.
- Preserving safe equipment and systems of work.
- Maintaining written procedures and instructions to ensure workplace safety.
- Providing health and safety information, instruction, education, training and supervision to employees and workers (and the general public to ensure their safety).
- Ensuring effective injury management and rehabilitation is provided to all employees.
- Making certain this Policy is displayed in the theatre and on the company intranet.
- Annually reviewing this Policy to ensure its currency and effectiveness.
Our Employees' Responsibility
Our Employees are responsible for:
- Participating and supporting this Policy in their particular area of responsibility.
- Playing a part in safety programs and implementing all detailed safety procedures.
- Assisting in the identification, assessment and control of hazards in their work areas.
- Maintaining the workplace in a condition that is safe and without risks to health.
- Helping to identify, develop and promote workplace safety procedures.
- Inducting, training and educating other employees in safe work practices.
- Immediately correcting any unsafe behaviour observed in the workplace
- Identifying, documenting and reporting any hazards, and taking preventive action, if appropriate.
- Complying with all workplace safety policies, procedures and safe systems of work.
Our Clients and Contractors
We compel our Clients, Contractors and Sub-Contractors (PCBU) to:
- Provide their workers with safe systems of work and equipment.
- Make written procedures and instructions available to their workers to ensure workplace safety is maintained.
- Supply their workers with safety information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Make certain that their workers comply with legislative requirements, industry standards, venues induction policies and all venue safety guidelines.
- Make certain that they register with the venue and provide work, health and safety documents.
- Make certain that their workers (and all performers) complete the venue safety induction.
- Make certain that their workers use the necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to perform their work at the theatre.
Should an employee be injured we will:
- Provide suitable duties for the injured employee, where reasonably practicable.
- Return the injured employee to work, once medical clearance has been obtained.
- Continually review our Return to Work Program to maintain validity with current legislative requirements, industry trends and best practice.